How does SkinNeutrAll® work?
SkinNeutrAll® has three active ingredients:
- Ascorbic acid to neutralize (via a redox reaction) stronglyoxidizing substances such as hydrogen peroxide, elementalbromine, sodium hypochlorite, calcium hypochlorite, nitrousgases, nitrates and many others.
- Amino acid buffer for neutralizing acids and bases such assulfuric acid, caustic soda, nitric acid or hydrochloric acid
- Amino acid glycine to bind formaldehyde as an imine
- Calcium chloride to precipitate fluoride as insoluble calciumfluoride, thereby also inactivating hydrofluoric acid
In addition, polyethylene glycol and glycerine act as solubilizersfor organic chemicals. Since ascorbic acid is not stable togetherwith the other substances, the use of a double chamber spray was necessary:
How does the double-chamber spray work?
- When the spray lever is actuated, the same parts are mixed from each compartment
- One spray volume contains 1.1 ml
- Bottle 1: Stabilized ascorbic acid solution
- Bottles can be removed individually
- Bottle 2: Amino acid buffer with calcium salt
The effect of SkinNeutrAll® can be impressively demonstrated using the example of red-colored elemental iodine: it is reduced to colorless and neutral iodide in a very short time.